I grew up in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne and enjoyed writing from an early age. After high school, I continued my studies at Deakin University where I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Applied Science (Health Promotion) and a postgraduate degree in Teaching (Primary and Secondary).
I have worked as a primary school teacher and my favourite lessons would involve reading and writing stories with my students. Over the years, my interest in writing children’s books only increased and I began participating in workshops and courses to refine my craft.
- I’m one of the biggest nerds you will ever meet! I enjoy reading and learning about new things.
- I’m probably a few centimetres taller than a grade three student.
- I love stories that are humorous, quirky and just plain weird.
- My favourite authors include, Jon Klassen, Enid Blyton and Aaron Blabey.
- During primary school, I ‘published’ my first story after a fabulous parent helper typed up my work (on a typewriter!)
- My favourite subjects in high school were English and History.
- I love coffee and green tea.
- Writing puts a smile on my face.